Dr. Maria Wurm
Since 1991, Dr. Maria Wurm has worked in the area of IP protection and qualified as a German Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney. She is a registered representative before the European Office for Trademarks and Designs.
Dr. Maria Wurm studied woodworking science and technology at Hamburg University and at the University of Natural Resources of Vienna/Austria.
She dealt with technical questions, particularly in the area of woodworking products, cellulose preparation and paper production. In Asian countries (China, the Philippines, Sri Lanka) she acted as technical advisor and expert for the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
Dr. Maria Wurm is engaged in work for the Institute of German Patent Attorneys. At present, she is, inter alia, member of the Examination Commission for German Patent Attorneys.
- designing application strategies for patents and trademarks
- drafting of patent and utility model applications
- handling and coordinating prosecution proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office GPTO, the European Patent Office EPO, the Office for the Harmonization of the International Market OHIM
- conducting opposition procedures
- conducting nullity procedures
- negotiating license agreements
- defending and enforcing property rights
- drafting legal opinions regarding industrial property rights, e.g. patentability or validity of intellectual property rights